Monday, June 29, 2009

Update

Well, it sounds like NAN was a big success in Portland! I watched the results as best I could over the weekend (more about that in a minute). I was so thrilled to see the appaloosa Hazel that I painted for Erin Corbett win Reserve in a breed class, and I saw another one of mine, I think it was the roan SM Paso named Enrique, was in the top ten somewhere. I remember going to my first Northwest Congress and being too embarrassed to put one of my models on the table with the others, so I feel like I've come a long way :-)


I want to congratulate everyone for their NAN wins, and I loved seeing all the photos! I wish I could have been there in person, but now I'm kind of glad I didn't go because of what has happened to my computer.


So what have I been doing all weekend? Running tests on my computer and lugging it to the shop! I have an older Mac (pre-Intel), and it's been acting a little funny the last month or so, then it started getting kernel panics. I ran some tests and took it in to the shop after getting an error, but the tech said I could save some money by running even more tests myself. So that's what I'm doing. Right now, it's either a bad firewire port or the logic board. The difference could be a new computer, so I want to make sure I've got the right problem.


In the meantime, I haven't been able to use my computer and have limited access now. I have managed to work on models despite all of this. I'm about halfway done prepping a commission, and I spent some time on the mini-Caprice, the Pixie (I'm just finishing up details on her now), and a couple of others.


Hopefully by next week everything will be resolved and I'll be able to post like a normal person again (with pictures!)

No comments: