Friday, May 29, 2009

NAN Donation Completed

Well, I finished her and she's off to the auction block! I am really happy with the way this one turned out. You can see more pictures of her on my web site, and also on the NAN auction site (though it looks like there are some in-progress pics still).


Monday, May 25, 2009

Short Update

Just a quick update this week. I've been spending most of my time working on the NAN donation. I will have final pictures of her in a couple of days (I hope!) I need to spray her tomorrow and add some final details and spray again, and that should be it.
Meanwhile, I did get to work on Pixie a little bit. She is the cutest sculpture!
I also added some details to this ASB. I'm going to do some more on the roaning on this one, and she will probably be done in the next couple of weeks. 

Monday, May 18, 2009

NAN Donation

I'm getting closer to finishing the NAN donation, it's really coming down to the wire here. I'm glad I didn't do any customizing on her, otherwise she wouldn't be finished in time. I still need to work on the mane and tail, the face, and various small areas. I'm really happy with the way she's turned out.

Monday, May 11, 2009


This sm is getting subtle details added, so it doesn't look like I've done much to her. This is one of those types of dappling that makes me want to keep picking at it forever.
This foal had a couple of hairs in her so I had to sand her before adding another coat. Still has quite a way to go.
This sm is proving difficult. It's a hard color for me to begin with, and the color is so light that I don't see a big change with each layer. I added the dark markings now jut to make it easier on my own eyes.

I'm excited about this dinky Duke. I still have to work on the other side.

I'm also excited about this mini-Caprice, I think he's going to look really good in this color.

And finally, the Huck, who is beginning to look a little better to me now. I think my problem was that the rust color of the primer was showing through, but now that I've got another layer on it, it's not so bad.
This week I'm going to have to work really hard on that NAN donation to get it done. Thankfully, it was nice yesterday so I sprayed her with fixative, and I will start on her pattern and details today. So I may not get much done on the other models.
I did switch my web host, and I think everything's going smoothly. I believe I'm waiting for the final something to happen before it's completely switched over, they said 7-9 days. So far so good.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekly Update

I've started adding some detail to the face of this Scarlett (the NAN donation). I do plan on making her a pinto, so I think I'm going to let her dry for a few days and then start on that pattern.

Tang is also going to be a tobiano, I just need to work on her mane a little more and then I will start on her pattern, too.

This little gal is coming along smoothly. 

The CAF is also going smoothly. I had to tone down the pangare at one point because it seemed very yellow.

I added more white to the shire, so much more work to go on this guy. It's pretty daunting!

This seabiscuit is going to be a light buckskin overo, I haven't gotten much into him yet.

I just started this mini Caprice. My aim is to make him a golden dappled bay with a really dark topline and forehand. Not sure if I can pull this off.

Right now this Huck looks just hideous to me, so bad that I can barely stand to look at him. I plan on painting him a liver chestnut (at least, what a liver chestnut means to me, which is dark brown) with a red mane and tail, but right now I'm not sure if I can do it. This is just the first layer of paint, so I shouldn't worry too much, but there is just so much that is off on the color right now that he may go in the strip bucket soon.