Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Weekly Update

Wow! We got blindsided up here in the Northwest with a winter storm, lots of ice on the roads. I thought my husband was going to be stuck on the highway overnight, but he made it home from work after 6 hours. I normally love the snow, but not when my family gets caught in it.

Anyway, on to the horses. I'm still working on the basic colors and shading of Mercurio. His dapples look like polka dots right now but that will change. I love the way Brigitte portrays movement, especially at the trot, both Lajjina and Mercurio have this beautiful presence and natural look.

I've been doing lots of little things to the reiner, started adding some mottling, worked a little on the hooves, and fiddled around some more with the spots. I've washed some more color over the blanket where I am working with the roaning, and added some color for ticking (or whatever it's called, I'm not good with nomenclature). I will go over all of that with blanket color.

I'm just putting in a basic airbrushed base coat here on Sushi. I love the way this resin looks in person but she's kind of hard to photograph because she's walking in such a straight-on pose. It makes her head look more angular than it is, I think. Some models are just really hard to photograph.

I've been able to work a little bit on Taboo. I'm really enjoying working on him and trying out some different techniques.

Whew! Well, that's all I've got to show for this week, I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Computer Problems

Argh! I'm having some computer problems so may not be able to post anything for a while. One diagnostic test showed a corrupted hard drive which doesn't sound good, so I'm going to be doing some more testing today and the computer will be tied up. I may not be able to check emails consistently, either. At least it's still under warranty (I think). I really don't want to drag this thing to the shop...

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Weekly Update

I missed a week! I'm back this week though with a couple of pictures, including a new face
Here are two SM foals that I've been working on, they are so cute! I'm not sure if I'm going to be selling them or not.

Here's the latest Alvaro shot. Since the previous photo, I have worked some on his base, his head and overall darks. I'm letting him dry for a while and then will go back in with the lights and more detail work on the dapples. His hooves of course are not done yet.

I've made some of the reiner's spots a little bigger, and worked some on the roaning and legs. I also put some darks on his mane and tail, and have just started putting color on the hooves.
Here's the new guy, an Eberl Mercurio. He's going to be a sooty dappled buckskin. I've just put a coat of airbrush color on him to start to establish color and shading.

I'm just waiting for the base to dry on Lajjina before I take more photos. I may be able to spray the base today. I have also decided that I'm going to try a fleabit gray the Sushi that I've got. I'm really nervous about doing this color, I've never done it before and am not sure how I'm going to do it. I really want to try this color though, and I think it will suit this mold well.
That's it for this week!