Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Weekly Update

Swaps is lookin' good! I've got the faint airbrush roan coat on him, and a couple of layers of pencil roaning so far. I will probably do 1-2 more coats of pencil roaning, then some wash/scumbling with paint.
 I got the opportunity to paint this Ravenhill that Stacey Tumlinson customized, and I jumped at the chance. I love seeing other people's customizing work; sculpting is difficult for me and I always like to study what other people do. Anyway, this guy is going to be a blanket appaloosa. He's got an airbrushed basecoat and a couple of layers of oils on him right now.
 I've given Finn a couple of coats of oils now. He's going to be a little more red along the top, I think, and his shoulder and neck will be darker with a few dapples.
 That gray base was bugging me so I painted it black on this Fenwick. I have tentatively put in some of the white markings. He's going to be a pretty extensive sabino, so will change quite a bit.

I worked on the underside of the Vixen that I'm painting, but the picture didn't look much different so I didn't show it here. I need to do a little work on the legs, and then I will start roaning her.

Whew! Okay, I'm done with this week's update! I am putting more tax stuff together this week so that may slow things up slightly for next week.

No comments: