Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Weekly Update

Here's Vixen, she's getting there. I tried giving her a sock on either hind foot, but it just didn't look right. I'm adding some warm highlights in her mane and tail right now, that's why it looks shiny.

Finn got another layer of paint, and I started refining the color of his mane and tail. I'm going to work on his legs next.

I had to put aside the SM foals for some time while I worked on commissions, but this week I had a chance to paint a little bit on this one.

Lajjina still looks about the same. I had to sand a couple of small areas and re-painted the base coat. I will start painting in oils next.

This is Jezebel's new, shortened tail that I've been working on for *ages*. It doesn't look terrible from this angle, but it simply doesn't flow the way I want it to. This was my second try at it, but I guess there will be another try! This is the reason I don't do custom work -- it takes me months to get anything I can live with. I have probably spent 30 hours on this tail already.

I guess that's it for this week. Ravenhill and Daffyd are both going to be sprayed tomorrow, and I will start patterning Ravenhill's blanket and doing some detailing on Daffyd.

No comments: