Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Weekly Update

I changed the eyes a bit on this one, I think it looks better now. He looked too nice with the other eyes. They aren't glossed yet, and I may do just a little more to them. I still need to work on the hooves a little bit, but then I really need to stop. Hopefully he will be for sale in a couple of weeks.

The color is pretty good on this photo. I've gone back in to start lightening some dapples. I think this is about the 7th layer of paint. At some point I'll probably seal it and use some colored pencils/pastels. I'm never sure, I just go with what feels right for me at the time.

In other news, the Scarlett Gypsy prepping is going very smoothly, she should be ready to start painting by next week. I'm still researching colors. And I've made a huge dent in prepping my bodies, I am so happy about this. I hate having unprepped bodies hanging over my head. I'm down to about the last nine bodies, and then I can spend all my time painting these beautiful sculptures instead of sanding and filling :-)

1 comment:

elf said...

I can't wait to see the mustang done. He looks yummy.