Monday, February 23, 2009

SM Mare

I am having the hardest time getting the white balance to work on my grey models. They either look too blue or too yellow, and no amount of fiddling in Photoshop gets them right. Maybe it's because the background is so different in color, I don't know. I use the same setup and lighting every time but I never know how it will look. At any rate, this model is not as blue as it looks.  This is now the 5th layer.

I'm also making progress on my prepped models. I'm almost done with Pepe, Nevada and a few others. I can see light at the end of the prepping tunnel! It's the Breyers that really bring me down, even the ones that are pretty clean. The seam splits still need to be finessed more than most of the resins, I have found.

2 comments:

Laura Dotson-Thomson said...

Oh, very nice! I love the dappling.

Erin Corbett said...

I am in love with this little mare!!