Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Update

Stormwatch is about halfway done now. I had thought at one point that I would give him some sabino markings but I think I will leave him as a plain roan.

Here is a Smytten that I'm painting as a personal piece. I want to give her a little more contrast around the barrel area.

This is the Hazel that I started with alkyd paints and she now has one layer of oils on her. Still very streaky looking. I'm not sure how I feel about the alkyds. They have a weird feeling out of the tube and need a stiffer brush to paint with. I get a smoother outcome when I do an airbrushed base coat, so I'll probably continue with airbrushing for the most part. I get really lazy about using the airbrush, I don't like fiddling with it and my compressor is extremely loud, but the results are better.

I'm also doing something a little different on Hazel by going back and forth between body color and white markings. I'm not sure how I like doing that, either.

That's all for this week!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're not doing Stormy with sabino markings too... there are so many super flashy Stormys around and the bay roan is so beautiful and striking in it's own way... I don't want any pinto to distract from it. Just lovely work.

elf said...

I want that Stormy so badly! Is he going to be an auction piece?

Carol said...

Thank you! Yes, I think the Stormy will be on eBay when he's finished :)