Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holiday Update

I'm going to be in and out of the studio the next week so this will probably be the last post before Christmas. I have been really productive and am really far along on Alvaro, Mercurio and the reiner, but I don't want to show them until I've got more details on them. So here are a few things that I've just started or are still in early stages:
Sushi is on her third layer of oils, I think. She's going to have some light dappling on her shoulder/back area, and then a surprise! You'll see...




Mini Nahar has another layer of oils. I think I already said that he'll be a straight bay, I'll probably give him a sock or two and some kind of facial marking.



I've softened the dapples a bit on Mercurio at this point. I just love this sculpture.



Here's another Taboo that I just started. He looks so terrible right now! He's going to be a red roan overo (maybe some sabino) I've been looking at a lot of reference pictures lately so I can't remember.
I've also done some research for a Nevada and the Stormwatch that I will be starting (probably next year). I'm finally getting down to the bottom of my resin list! That means that hopefully by the middle or end of next year I can start concentrating on more current resins as they become available. I definitely don't like having a big herd of unpainteds on my shelf.
That's it for this time, I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday season!

No comments: