Wednesday, January 20, 2010


I'm only working on these foals in between commissions, so haven't gotten very far on them. I went a little overboard on the white on the bay foal. I'm sure I will go over both of them with oils again before I'm done.

Here's the Daffyd NAN donation I'm doing, after a base layer of airbrush and one layer of oils. He's one of those dark palominos with the wild, really variegated dapples. I think palominos (real live ones) have the hardest dapples to paint, they're either crazy willy-nilly and all different sizes (like this one will be), or they seem to be really uniform and almost regimented.

I've added more red to Fenwick here, so he's more the color that I was envisioning in the first place. I may lighten him up slightly though.

Here's a Vixen that I've just started. On this one, I'm hand-painting the base coat instead of using the airbrush. No particular reason, I just felt like hand-painting this one.

I did a little touching up on Swaps, and now he's going to sit and dry for a few days before I start roaning him. I also worked some more on Jezebel's tail and did some other prepping and painting that I won't show you here.

I guess that's it for this week, I'm happy it was so productive. I'm tied up with a few meetings and miscellaneous things these next few days so may be behind by next week.

1 comment:

elf said...

OH MY GOD!!! Dafydd is one of my all time favorite molds... GAH!!! I'm going to have to find someone going to NAN this year to bid for me, I guess I better start saving my pennies!