I've been able to work on a few personal projects last week. This is the PAS I've been customizing. I had to dremel a lot of material off of it, but I think I'm finally starting to get the proportions right. The front legs were too far back, so I've moved them forward, and I made his croup a little flatter. The throatlatch needs to be filled out a little more. Of course this is still at a very early stage.
This model is giving me fits. I have been struggling with the ticking/roany pattern on it for a long time. This picture represents me re-doing it for a third time, and I already see a huge mistake I've made in the shoulder. Hopefully by next week he'll look a little better; I should be able to put several more hours into him by then.
I debated posting this picture because it's at such a mangled stage, but I do like showing how things progress. I'm really embarrassed that this piece was pretty far advanced, and now I've gone almost back to the beginning with it. I had moved the ear on this one, but then the eye looked off, and I started fiddling and, well, this is what happens ;-) I'm still fiddling with the position of the eye.