Wednesday, January 11, 2012

First Update of Year

I'm doing some detail work on Equus Max and he's drying right now, so have been able to work on all the other commissions and some other things in the meanwhile. It's such a refreshing contrast to do roaning on a smaller piece after that big monster! This is the first layer on Elsie.
I've done some roaning on Oliver and worked on his pattern. I just glazed some brownish grey over the white areas, and will go back over that with an off-white.
Another Oliver! This is the first layer of oils.
I've got the first layer of fleabites laid down on Sushi. I'm not sure exactly where to go from here, I will probably do some pencilwork on her and see what that looks like. There are so many variations of "fleabitness" that I see, and it's hard for me to visualize how to translate this pattern in paint.

Johann had some more work done, too, but I'm going to wait a bit to show another photo. That's all for now. I'm feeling productive so far this year!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Danelle, I accidentally published your comment to a previous post, sorry about that! Yes, it's the same Nikon I've been using for the last few years, a D80. It's so funny because I think my photos are pretty terrible lol! I always struggle to get the focus right, my number one issue is focusing. Maybe I need new glasses...

And thank you :-)