Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Weekly Update

I've got a couple more layers on Johann now. He still looks too orange, I can see this is going to be a difficult color that will need a lot of finessing. He's going to be more of a browny-gold with sort of chocolate darker areas. It's hard to describe. So I'm still in the process of toning him down.
I've been working on the roany patches of Oliver. I wanted to get some of the roan work established first, and then I will go back and tighten up some of the markings. I worked on Elsie's mane and tail but she still looks pretty much the same so I'm not showing her photo, I'll be setting her aside to dry for a bit and then will start roaning on her.
And here's the fleabit Sushi that I'm doing. I'm trying something a little different with her and doing the initial fleabites in oils. It looks really stark at this point but there will be a lot more layers and blending in later. I'm really enjoying the larger flea bites and the fact that they're different sizes and more random, it's so much faster than doing a roan where a lot of sections need to be pretty uniform.

And that's all for now! I doubt if I'll post anything next week, so Happy Holidays to all of you :-)

2 comments:

Braymere said...

You are so good at smut! That Johann is going to look wonderful when you're done. Sure wish I could get you to paint a portrait model of a certain smutty dapple palomino pony...! :)


All the others are coming along nicely, too. I'm especially looking forward to the Sushi progress.

Morgen said...

Omg OMG OMG!!! Why did I not see this??? It's like the bestest Christmas present!!! eeeeeeEEEE!!!!

(I'm so sorry to be a nitwit but clearly I am thrilled about my commission thus far!) :D