I have started to open up the nostril, but I think it still needs to be worked on. I also moved the ear up, and I thought the position was an improvement, but then I noticed something hilarious when I took a 3/4 view picture of it:
I put the ear almost at the center of the poll LOL! It looks like a horn! I didn't even notice it until I looked at the photo, I got a good laugh out of that. I'll have to re-check all my measurements, hopefully I'll have some more done on him in a couple of weeks. I'm going to be busy with Thanksgiving and a couple of other art-related things, so not sure how much I'll be able to work on him.
On this blog I plan to show my equine art creations as they progress, so you will get to view the entire process of a piece as it comes to life. I will also list items for sale and other news, as well as occasional product reviews and tips.
I hope we can all learn from this process and that you enjoy getting a little peek into my mind as I work. Comments and critiques on all these pieces are always welcome!